Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

SmileyCentral.com
Steve's got to work today, so I'm spending the day with my "little" Angel and the cats. I'm finishing up the kitchen tile job, sealing the grout, so I'm in the home stretch. Next, I'll move onto the daunting task of reorganizing, completing the drywall refinishing, then preparing the walls for paint. I can't wait until my kitchen remodel will be done.

Hopefully, I won't run out of projects. Oh wait, what am I saying. I have enough projects to take me to the end of the decade!! So, in the mean time.....

Happy 4th of July, maybe if we wish on fireworks hard enough instead of stupid ole stars our dreams will come true -- for our little ones to be with all of us this year.

4 comments:

Ute said...

Happy 4th ,Dani!

Tom is working ,too, so I started to get rid of stuff. In between, I watch Christopher swim and chase the dogs - sometimes it would be great to be 5 again( but just for an hour or so:)).

Dani said...

I'd settle watching a few 5 year olds playing, not sure I'd ever want to be that young again, although 10 years younger than I am wouldn't be too bad. I can't believe what a pack rat I am. I have several bags of trash to get rid of. Good thing Steve will be on vacation so he can carry it out of the house!!

Nichole said...

Happy 4th!! Did you get to see fireworks? I can't wait to see pics of your finished kitchen. Sounds like you are making a lot of progress.

smctiver said...

Hi Dani,

I can't wait to see your backsplash pictures!

We spent an extended holiday weekend working on home renovations too. Our office furniture & every bit of paper of paper was moved out. We relocated electrical outlets, phone lines, & installed new light switches & a bunch of new cabinets. Our closet is now home to the printer, FAX, router & our "big-butt" hard drive. All that junk is now behind the door hidden from view!

We still have flooring to install and a wall bed to move before we are done with the parts that we can do on our own. We also have to get someone to build some bookcases. It is nice that we can start to see parts of a plan come together!

Get that grouting done so we can see slate pictures, woman!!