Thursday, June 19, 2008

Queen of Procrastination

SmileyCentral.com I decided I would get off my lazy extra wide butt and get some projects completed that I had started. I mailed off the pair of crocheted cowboy booties last week and now I'm starting to complete my kitchen. The kitchen project has taken us alot longer than it should have. For some unexplained reason we can't seem to finish anything!

So, today I began using the wetsaw and started making the intricate cuts to finish the slate back splash that we started months ago. The one area not only has the tile but I have also put one coat of the sealer on it and will do another coat before I go to bed. In the mean time.... I plan on finishing a baby afghan I started tonight and can put it away with a few other items that I actually completed.

Tomorrow morning I'll finish with the wetsaw and by tomorrow afternoon, hopefully, I'll be able to add sealer to the rest of the kitchen -- that is, if I can keep my momentum going. When Steve gets home on Sunday, hopefully, I can get him to mix the grout and move the refrigerator so I can pull down the border ... wash the walls and get them painted.

I once had a wise friend tell me that I needed to get things ready and when I was our children would be ready to join us. shhh don't wake me up ... I can dream can't I?

Dreaming ... for out of such fragile things come miracles.

3 comments:

smctiver said...

Hi Dani,

You sound like me with the list of projects & the wet saw for tile projects!! I have decided that our backsplash can wait until after the boys come home - they probably won't care if there's a backsplash in the kitchen or not.

We do have a few other projects slogging around & I may have to arm wrestle you for the "Queen of Procrastination" title!!

Hope you projects go well & you'll have to post a photo of your slate backsplash so we can all see it!

Dani said...

Shari -- you got it... the picture that is. I can't wait until this project is done. I guess that's what I get for having a 170 year old kitchen and wanting to modernize it a bit. It's taken us a few years and I can almost see the end in sight. I still have to redo the fireplace in the kitchen and add a mantle ... but that's not a priority right now. But the backsplash is. I do have to say, slate is beautiful after it's been sealed since it looks like mother of pearl -- but damn it's hard to cute without it scaling some. The afghan was completed before bed last night so woohoo another unfinished project bites the dust!

Holly said...

Your friend is right. If you build it, they will come!! :) Plus, projects are the best distraction I've found so far during this process. Just think, not long from now, you won't have time for this sort of thing. You'll be too busy with baby.

I'm impressed that you are using big boy tools like a wet saw. I'm totally intimidated now. Maybe you can give me lessons, someday? We need project pictures!